The student news site of Misericordia University

The Highlander

The Highlander

The Highlander

2023 Fall Sports Season Recap

The men’s Soccer team season has come to an end with the team finishing the season with a 5-8-4 record and seeding 4th in the Mac Freedom playoffs sadly the team would come up short with a 1-4 loss to the number 1 seeded and Mac Freedom champions Steven Ducks.

The Misericordia Women’s Soccer team their road to an NCAA title began in Rochester New York where they took on Wesleyan University in the first round, besting them 3-1. The team finished off this season with a 15-3-1 record and finished that off with two double overtime victories to lead them to their third straight Mac Freedom championship.

The Women’s Cross Country team would go on to win the Mac Cross Country Championship which was led by six All-Mac runners in four first-teamers Grace Gallagher, Brianna Wagner, Katherine Jones, Madison Kammer, and two team runners Rachel Ulrich and Grace Morningstar. The Women are led by MAC Coach of the Year, Chris Wadas.

The Men’s Cross Country Team finished second in the Mac Championships, led also by Chris Wadas. Four members of the Men’s team received All-Mac status: with Stephen Rowley being named MAC player of the year and making first team along with Thomas Bricker, and Ryan Shulman and Tavian Mckenna both making third team.

The Field Hockey Team finished up their season with a 5-11 record and had All MAC honors; Meghan Radnoff was named  second-team, and Morgan Walsh and Lily Metress both received honorable mention.

The Football team sits at a 3-6 record with the final game of the season upcoming as they take on FDU-Florham on the road.

The women’s volleyball team finished their season with a 17-17 record. The team would get a fourth seed in the Mac playoffs but would come up short in the Mac semis to Stevens in a three-set sweep.

Congratulations to all teams on a great season!