Misericordia Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2022

The+Hall+of+Fame+Class+of+2022+With+Their+Families+

Mike Gombita

The Hall of Fame Class of 2022 With Their Families

Brad Augenstein, Reporter

Members of Misericordia’s Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2022 were inducted as part of this year’s Homecoming weekend.

The event took place Sept. 30 in the Anderson Sports Center with six new members entering the Hall of Fame.

Inductees were Colleen Kloss (Class of 2004), Ethan Eichhorst (Class of 2012), Christine Marks-Manning (Class of 2012), Eric Rogers (Class of 2008), Hollie Parsons (Class of 2011) and Dr. Pasquale DiPasquale, Jr., who was inducted posthumously.

Inductees were introduced by people outside of Misericordia because of reasons like friendships, contributions to careers, and restricted availability of other candidates.

Ethan Eichorst was first to be inducted and was introduced by the head coach of Bucknell University’s women’s basketball team Trevor Woodruff.

Following Eichorst was Colleen Coorigan Kloss, introduced by the director of athletics at Panther Valley High School, Kristin Black.

Next saw Misericordia’s Vice President of Enrollment Management Glenn Bozinski at the podium to introduce Christine Marks-Manning.

Hollie Sarnak Parsons followed and was introduced by friend and Misericordia Alumni Carmella Brown.

Dr. Pasquale Di Pasquale’s daughter Dr. Maria Di Pasquale introduced the crowd to her father posthumously as his grandson, Joseph, accepted the award.

Lastly, head coach of Central Penn College men’s soccer Brian Osbourne introduced his friend Eric Rodgers to cap off the 2022 Misericordia Athletics Hall of Fame class.

This year’s class of inductees holds accomplishments and records that have earned it a spot in this prestigious group of talented athletes.

Kloss saw major success in her career as one the top scorers in Misericordia’s women’s basketball program. She was a three-time all-conference honoree and

played on two teams to reach the Pennsylvania Athletic Conference championship game.

Kloss’ accomplishments don’t end there as she made three of the top-10 single-season three-pointer totals, holds the record of eight three-pointers in a single-game, ranks second in the school’s history with 163 three-pointers, and is sixth in overall career points with a total of 1,283.

She was a four-year letter-winner, served as MVP of the team during her senior year and majored in elementary/early childhood education. Kloss also served as head coach at Western Wayne High School.

Eichhorst saw success in the basketball program as he ranks fifth in career points with 1,476, sixth in rebounds with 638, and represented the Misericordia Cougars in the NABC D-III All Star Game.

Eichhorst was a two-time first-team All-MAC Freedom selection, became the MAC Freedom Player of the Year as a senior and was also a D-III News All-American.

In his senior year, Eichhorst started in all 27 of his games and was chosen as the team’s MVP.

Marks-Manning is Misericordia’s all-time leading scorer in basketball, amassing a total of 1,644 points, ranking second in rebounds with 903, and being selected a three-time MVP.

She also ranks first in career field goals with 538, first in free throws with 510, and holds the school’s single-game records of field goals with 14 and rebounds with 25. She is a former assistant coach at Misericordia.

Rogers competed in track and field at Misericordia, holding the school’s long jump record for both indoor and outdoor categories. He also placed in three MAC indoor championships events and qualified for the NCAA Championships.

Rogers earned All-ECAC status in his senior year and was a team MVP. He currently ranks top 10 in the school’s history in the 100m, indoor 55m, and indoor 400m.

Parsons competed in softball and was a three-time all-conference selection. She was also both an All-ECAC and all-region honoree.

Parsons is currently tied for the school’s all-time lead of home runs with 32. She is also third in career hits with 208, doubles with 44, total bases with 352, RBIs with 149 and is ranked in Misericordia’s top 10 in runs scored and slugging percentage.

DiPasquale, who passed away in 2004, was born in Boston, Massachusetts and graduated from Sommerville High School in 1945.

He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and graduated with a BA from the University of Notre Dame after completing his military service. Pasquale furthered his education by earning an MA from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke as a Fulbright scholar.

He received a Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of Pittsburgh, where he specialized in Medieval English and literary criticism. He then spent three years as an English instructor at Mwanza University.

Pasquale continued his teaching career at Seton Hill University and Illinois State University before moving on to preside over four Catholic liberal arts colleges, including Assumption College in Worcester, Massachusetts; Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa; St. Thomas University in Miami, Florida; and Misericordia University.

During Pasquale’s time at Misericordia, he oversaw the construction of the Anderson Sports-Health Center and Anderson Fields, the site where soccer and softball are now played. He also oversaw the school’s transition from the NAIA to NCAA Division III level.