The student news site of Misericordia University

The Highlander

The Highlander

The Highlander

The Music Performance Program Debut in Banks

President Dan Myers Soloing on Guitar during the debut concert on Monday, November 6, 2023.

The MU Instrumental Ensemble and the MU Vocal Ensemble had a debut concert in the Banks lobby at 7 pm on November 6th. Th

ere were programs available at the performance. Both groups were put on by Director Marko Marcinko. The MU Jazz/Pop Vocal Ensemble performed first. They sang four songs which were “Eleanor Rigby,” “Crazy Rhythm,” “Brahms Lullaby,” and “Feels Like Home.” There was a short intermission then the MU Instrumental Ensemble performed five songs which were “Chorale No. 1 & No. 2,” “America the Beautiful,” “St James Infirmary,” “Oye Como Va,” and “Royal Garden Blues.”

The members of the MU Vocal Ensemble are Ava Laukaitis, Cassie Gdovin, Caroline Tenberge, Christina Rasa, Victoria Galicki, Juliana Donato, Kaitlin Riley, Morgan Gayton, Olivia Fiocco, Rayna Lymper, Sierra Jones, Jake Thomas, Blake Seiwell, and Cody Palubinsky. The MU Instrumental Ensemble members are Callie Hayman on piano, Emanuel Samedie on drums, Professor Rich Hancuff on bass, Professor Ann Fedor on flute, Sydney Degnon on flute, Emma Blackiewicz on saxophone, Dr. Andrea Carr on saxophone, RJ Bell on baritone saxophone, Mikaelah Peterson on trumpet, Peter Bielfeld on trombone, Dr. Dan Myers on baritone and guitar, and John Ash on Trumpet (honorable mention).

The performance was open to parents, students, and anyone else who wanted to watch. Director Marko Marcinko announced that more students are welcome to join the Music Performance Program in future semesters.