Renovations on Campus: Henry Student Lounge

The renovated Henry Student Lounge

Valerie Badger, Reporter

With the first week of classes in full swing, during the first week of September, Misericordia Campus Life announced the opening of the Henry Student Lounge on September 2nd, 2022. President Dan Myers did the honors, cutting the ribbon during the opening ceremony, joined by Vice President for Mission Integration and Student Life, Amy Lahart. 

The lounge is a gift from Frank and Dottie Henry so students of any major, both commuter and resident alike, could go in and study. Misericordia wanted to continue its efforts in providing the best services to its students, so they have tried to have the best resources available. 

With the new opening, Campus Life also announced that students would be able to input their ideas on what the new name for the lounge should be, but no information was sent out if a name was chosen. The lounge is decorated with multiple TVs, lounge chairs, high-top tables, a foosball table, and outside seating. 

Shortly after the opening, on September 19th, the IT networking department sent out a mass email explaining there was a water leak in the basement of Alumnae and McGowan dorm, which impacted the networking in both the dorms and the Henry Lounge. The IT department worked fast as, by September 20th, both the basement of the two dorms and the Henry Lounge were back up and running. 

With the plumbing issue restored and the network back up and running, students are now able to return to their normal activities. Students will be able to reserve the location for organization/club sponsored events. The lounge will also serve as a spot for students to grab a quick bite to eat between classes, though it will be a cashless location.

More information will be released about the Henry Student Lounge in the future, so stay tuned for current updates about this brand-new study place and hang out!